
Maria (pronounced with a long i) came to America first. Then soon followed her younger sister Mary Teresa Mellett. I am still checking on the spelling of Teresa. Everyone knew her as "Tess". They were great friends as well as sisters. Tess married a man from Canada John Edward L'Abbe. All records show the last name spelled Labbe. He went by Edward but records show his formal first name was John. Together they had two daughters. Joan T (I have not yet discovered the middle name but guessing Teresa) and Patricia A. Patricia was soon to be endearingly called "Patsy". She and Josheph Ford had a daughter Teresa (Terry) who I will always refer to as "cousin". We have had many travel adventures together and memories that keep us laughing until the tears flow. My mother always had a place in her heart for Terry and introduced her to all as her "5th daughter" and we always felt she was as close to us as a sister and will forever remain as such.
No comments:
Post a Comment