Monday, August 30, 2004

Ireland - We still call it home.

My grandparents came to America as newly weds. My grandfather came first and worked hard to bring is new bride to a new life. Hope was in America. It was hard to leave family and travel across the ocean to America, but William F. Hazell and his bride Maria Mellett were determined to find a new life. Although my father is 100% Czechoslovakian, my mother would insist we were more Irish because her parents were born in Ireland. Now, perhaps it is my mother's blue eyes, red hair and freckles that I and most of my brothers and sisters wear that reminds us each day of our Irish heritage but I like to think it's my nana's Irish brogue that ever rings in my ear. I hope you enjoy visiting this site evey now and then as I share with you my family and love of Ireland. - God Bless You

No comments: